1. How to set and disperse a budget fairly and effectively. How to build a strong, loyal and happy team.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: General Manager; Manager.
2. How to “niche” market your best services and creatively market your weak spots. How to upgrade the property’s paint palette to attract guests that match your mission. How individual staff members can promote and market their hospitality business.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Director/Sales and Marketing; Sales Rep.
3. How to find the best on-line travel deals – to visit anywhere, any time. How to identify best-for-your-budget websites on which to advertise.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Director/On-line Sales; On-line sales rep.
4. How to negotiate the best deal for a big group – eg. wedding reception, alumni club. How to choose between buffet, family style, or ala carte menu. How to choose between pre-purchased, open-bar, or cash-bar beverage set-up.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Director/Food and Beverage; F & B planner.
5. How to plan a memorable, affordable event on very short notice. How to plan an unforgettable group event.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Director/Conferences and Events; Event planner.
6. How to interface land, on-line and mobile communication devices. How to use latest software programs, secure files, and select secure passwords. How to prevent breaches to accounting files.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Director/I.T.; Internet manager.
7. How to identify lower quality repair supplies to prevent waste. What the engineering staff needs on a regular basis, when it comes to supplies.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Chief of Engineering; Engineering tech.
8. How to negotiate the best deal on a small order. What types of items require more inventory to prevent running out.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Director/Purchasing; Purchasing agent.
9. How to select, prepare and serve top-quality budget meat like prime cuts. How to prepare popular dishes; or prepare new dishes using popular food products.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Head Chef; Specialty chef/cook.
10. How to remove toughest stains and destroy stubborn odors from very vulnerable surfaces. What products to control room odors last the longest.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Director of Housekeeper; any Supervisor/Housekeeping.
11. How to repair and clean an A/C motor. How to tell when A/C Freon charge is insufficient.
“GO-TO” Team mentor: Manager/HVAC Systems.
12. How to keep accurate financial records, and file taxes on-line. How a business settles delinquent, frozen supplier accounts.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Manager/Accounting; Supplier account manager.
13. How to make anyone feel welcome. How to interpret guest complaints, reactions, body language, eye movements, voice, etc.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Manager/Front Desk; Front Reception.
14. How to grid, plant and maintain eye-catching front entrance appearance. How to prioritize areas for landscaping.
“GO-TO” Team mentors: Director of Groundskeeping; Landscaper/groundskeeper.
* * * * * * * * * *
What ‘GO-TO” departmental tip do you want more facility painters to use regularly?
Which ‘GO-TO” departmental tip do you want other team mentors to use?
* * * * * * * * *
READ PART 2: “More Hotel/Facility Team Members and GO-TO’ Team mentors.”