Places where people go to relax or have fun vary in theme, design, and atmosphere. They can be uplifting, heart pounding, eclectic, luxurious, earthy and natural, or any other unique effect.
Each atmosphere has a style all its own. And, hopefully, it is appropriate to the type of public the dining and social amenities want to attract.
The design and painting of a “restaurant “can include the following features, depending on the overall theme of the area:
1. Soft earth tones blended with matte black accents.
2. Wood veneer “paneling” and wainscoting with mitered moldings.
3. Ceilings painted in off white or pastel beiges.
4. Faux finishing applications such as gold leafing and marbleizing.
5. Textured wall finishes such as Venetian plaster.
When designing and painting a “club,” here are some suggestions:
1. In a “bright” club setting, bright and flashing lights mean brilliant flashy colors.
2. In a “bohemian” setting, subtle and complementary earth tone finishes set the mood.
3. In an “electrifying” setting, a combination of colors sets the pace – eg. reds with purples, and blues with silvers.
4. Use “high intensity graphics” with simulated chrome appearance, possibly neons and metallic transparent finishes.
The design and painting of a “bar” can incorporate the following options:
1. A bar, which is “relaxing” and conducive to quiet conversation, has a subdued atmosphere. Using darker earth tone colors with moderately dark stain paneled woods is optimal.
2. In a bar full of electricity and a fast beat, use bright and reflective colors.
3. For ceiling styles, consider a “traditionally finished metal pan ceiling.” Nostalgia can provide a very relaxing and comfortable environment.
4. In any case, the bar itself needs to be one “focal point.” Design it with wood paneling, stained in a moderately dark color and finished in a matte sheen of durable vanish or polyurethane. Any molding can be highlighted by finishing with a light oak stain, enhanced by a gloss clear finish.
Atmosphere is everything. Patrons will enjoy their meals or drinks much more where they feel at home, almost as much if they were there.
Design and paint, that are selected, blended and served right, always go well with food and drink!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Enjoy a little bit of heaven at your favorite spot. Thanks for visiting “Painting with Bob.”